At Total Axe Throwing in Clinton Township, we care about our staff and our community. Moving forward, we want to reopen as quickly and as safely as possible. We have developed plans for how to handle group reservations, leagues, and walk-in axe throwing, while implementing cleaning and social distancing protocols. We want to share these plans with the community and ask for your help and feedback to make you feel as comfortable and as safe as possible.
Employee and Guest Health
- Social Distancing
- Some targets will be closed to maintain a distance of six feet between all groups.
- Areas between groups will be marked so that no guests are within six feet of another group while throwing.
- Small groups will not share targets with other groups. They will be given their own private targets for the time being.
- Coaches will maintain a distance of six feet from guests whenever possible.
- Physical barriers will also be erected between every lane.
- Anyone who appears to be sick will be asked to leave and given a full refund.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the check-in desk
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at the entrance to every throwing lane.
- Face Coverings
- All employees will be required to wear a face covering at all times.
- Guests are asked to wear a mask if possible, but will not be required. Masks will be available to guests whenever possible.
- Total Axe will reopen with a capacity of 25%
- Until the CDC and State of Michigan believe it is safe to return to business as usual, Total Axe will operate below 50% capacity.
- To maintain the smallest group sizes possible, no observers will be allowed at this time.
- All leagues will be limited to 16 people and the facility will be closed to all others during league play.
- Guests may be asked to wait outside or in their cars before their group starting time.
- Hand sanitation
- Employees will be required to wash their hands, or use hand sanitizer when not available, during any activity that may cause contaminants to spread
- Employees will sanitize their hands after activities including, but not limited to: clocking in, using the bathroom, smoking, taking a break, touching any commonly touched surface, touching any item that a guest may use such as axes, stars, or knifes, coughing/sneezing, touching their face or hair, and after cleaning between groups.
- Sanitizing Surfaces
- Employees will sanitize the check-in desk, tablets used for waivers, and payment gateway after every use.
- Employees will sanitize the following items between each group: Axes, stars, knives, and other objects used, all areas touched within the throwing lanes, all tables, ledges, and chairs used by a group, and the Michigan Throne.
- Employees will sanitize the following items every hour, or more often if necessary: Other surfaces and ledges not noted above, bathrooms, door handles, and other commonly touched surfaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Masks will be required by all employees while working.
- Gloves will be worn when necessary and changed as often as possible.
Reopening Date, Current Reservations, and Leagues on Hold
At this moment, we are unsure of when we can legally reopen. Our calendar is set to allow bookings on Friday, June 12.
If you missed a reservation because we were closed, your deposit is safe with us. We will reschedule your group as soon as possible or refund your deposit if you are unable to reschedule.
Leagues on Hold: If you were in a league that was paused due to the closure, the league is still active. Each league will get a free week of practice during our first week back. If we reopen on June 12, practice week will be the week of the 14th. We will post specific dates as soon as we know for sure. If you’re unable to make the remainder of the league for any reason, contact us for a refund of all missed dates.
March of the Axes Competitors: We will reschedule a tournament during the first weekend we can operate at full capacity. If you would like to request a refund, please contact us. Everyone else will be automatically registered for the new tournament.
April 18 Marathon Competitors: As soon as the travel ban is lifted and our friends from London and Toronto can join us, we will schedule a new marathon. It’s just not the same without them. If you would like a refund, you know the drill by now.
-Chris Ross, Founder of Total Axe