Total Axe Throwing is an 8-lane axe throwing facility located in Clinton Township, Michigan. We offer group reservations up to 55 people, team-building events, leagues and open throwing. Sign up below to receive updates and special offers.
Total Axe is an 18-and-over facility. We do not serve or allow alcohol. You are welcome to bring in your own food or have catering brought in for events.
Book a 2-hour tournament for your group. Our flat-rate reservation pricing means you only pay for the number of targets, not how many people you have. We host company outings, team-building events, birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, or just because you want to throw axes. Our axe throwing coaches will teach you how to throw, run matches and the top players will compete in a tournament.
Walk-in Axe Throwing
When available, walk-in axe throwing is $20/hr per person. Stay as long or as short as you like and the cost is prorated for your stay. Walk-in’s are first-come, first-served. Call (586) 913-7081 before your visit to check availability. We do not start walk-ins within an hour of closing time.
Axe Throwing Leagues
Axe Throwing Leagues are available Sunday-Thursday. Each week, players compete in 4 matches. On the seventh week, the top finishers compete for the league championship, gift cards, and other prizes. League members enjoy half-off walk-in throwing and discounts on group reservations.
What to Expect
Everyone who comes to Total Axe will be greeted by one of our axe coaches. After checking in, your coach will give each thrower safety instructions for how to handle the axe and interact with our facility. After safety instructions, each player is given a brief lesson in how to throw an axe. Your coach will work with you to teach proper technique. After learning how to throw, your coach will teach you how to score and assist you while you play games with your group.
Before your visit
A few house rules to be aware of if this is your first time urban axe throwing:
- Everyone who enters Total Axe Throwing must be 18 with a valid photo ID.
- Everyone must sign a waiver to observe or participate.
- Closed-toe shoes are required for all throwers.
- Outside food and sealed, non-alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- Please arrive before your start time so filling out waivers and safety instruction does not cut into your time.
- Reservations are limited to the maximum listed on the reservation (including non-throwers) .
- The last walk-in session starts one hour before close.